Sunday, March 1, 2009

Texas IS Flat



Brownsville to Greenville, Texas 384 miles on Rt. 380 East

It was a challenge to stay alert with the long stretches of straight road through a flat drab landscape. Miles and miles of dirt fields. After passing a herd (or is it a pack?) of wild pigs next to the road, I stopped to put on my scarf and to take a few photos of a cattle ranch. About every ten miles I saw a dead skunk in the road. I passed a rancher standing next to his truck that was hitched with a trailer with a helicopter on it. The wind was relentless smacking in to me and jerking me and the motorcycle from side to side. It was 36F in the morning when I left Brownsfield and by late afternoon the temperature peaked at 52F. I added the heated socks and winter gloves to my riding wardrobe for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment