Monday, March 16, 2009

The Numbers Are In



For those that love numbers or just want to know some cool facts about mileage, gas consumption, and lodging for a nearly month long motorcycle trip across the southern United States, here they are:

26 Days Feb 8 thru Mar 6
6,896 Total Trip Miles
500 Miles most traveled in one day
0 Miles least traveled in one day (took 1 day off in New Mexico to wait out high winds)
138 Gallons of gasoline
50 Miles per gallon average consumption
46 Gas station stops
0 Mechanical problems
2 Times I laid my bike down after coming to a stop on the pavement
5 Times, at least, I laid my bike down during the 2 day off-road course
0 Damage to motorcycle from laying the bike down on the pavement and on the dirt
1 Broken foot
3 Number of days I rode my motorcycle after breaking my foot
4 Days of camping
5 Overnight stays with friends or relatives
3 Overnight stays in mobile camp trailer at 42 Bar Ranch at the Rawhyde Adventure Camp
14 Overnight stays in motels

No comments:

Post a Comment