Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is The Foot Broken?


Well, I had the foot x-rayed yesterday and the radiologist came back to my waiting room with the pictures and said, "How are you walking? It's broken. You must have a high tolerance for pain." The good news is that it is only my fifth metatarsal and it's one of those fractures that will heal without putting a cast on the foot. The doctor did recommend immobilizing the foot to allow the fracture to heal quicker. She sent me to their Rehab department and they set me up with this ridiculously clumsy, expensive plastic boot called an Aircast. Only one boot for $340? I was instructed to wear it for 5 weeks only taking it off to shower. I took it home and wore it for about 4 hours and decided that I could find a better way to immobilize my foot for a whole lot cheaper. I'm wearing my dual-sport motorcycle boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment