Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LaGrange, Georgia to Aiken, South Carolina


I didn't want to leave the hotel room this morning. The bed was comfortable, the towels were thick, white and fluffy, and I could even operate the remote for the TV. The swelling on my foot was down and I had no problem getting my boot on. About 5 miles down the road on I-85 from LaGrange to Atlanta, the traffic was backed up so I turned around and took some back road. At one point, I got sandwiched in between two 18 wheelers that were making some time on the two lane country road. I finally pulled over and let the truck behind me go by. Near Augusta, I met a couple riding a Kawasaki KLR 650 and a BMW 650 with knobby tires. I was hoping they were heading in the same direction but they were on their way to St. Louis, MO. Unable to bear another freeway hotel, I saw a small town on the map that was a few miles away from the interstate after crossing the border between Georgia and North Carolina. Aiken turned out to be a nice small town with a reasonably priced hotel away from the busy highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment