Friday, March 6, 2009

Sunrise Over Hwy 701 N



I awoke to the sound of 18 wheelers gearing down to go through the small town of Clinton, NC. The sun was rising over Hwy 701 as I looked out over the balcony of my second floor hotel room. The pink and purple eastern sky made the highway look much more inviting. The final 372 miles of my journey seemed to last forever. On highway to interstate to back roads, the wind tried to knock me down. The wind blasts off the big trucks shook me like a wild animal shaking its prey. A car almost took me out while changing lanes in one of the small towns. I passed through Newmarket where an Amish community lives and I was pleased to have to slow down to go around an Amish man in his horse drawn buggy. I have a lot of respect for the Amish people and admire their way of life. After a few more cars tried to take me out at intersections, I arrived home safely in the late afternoon.
I have my swollen black and blue right foot propped up on my desk. It starts to throb when I lower it. Looks like a doctor's visit is in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment