Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What the Duck?



I've got my right foot propped up on the desk in my hotel room with an ice pack on it to keep the swelling down so I can get my boot on in the morning. After I left my campsite at the Roosevelt S.P. near Morton this morning, I drove east on I-20 for about an hour before pulling off to get gas. I didn't sleep very well last night because my toes were freezing and I didn't eat much for breakfast... lastnight's leftover tortellini. With the combination of feeling groggy from lack of sleep and weak from not eating much, I lost my balance when I stopped the motorcycle and it fell on my foot. It's a bit like sailing a beach cat, if you are not paying attention it will capsize in a nanosecond. Three guys showed up instantly to help me pick up the bike. I got back on and rode the rest of the day.

I'm in LaGrange, GA which is about 60 miles southwest of Atlanta and there are patches of snow along the sides of the road from the resent winter storm that engulfed most of the east coast. I'm heading east near the coast and slowing my pace to allow the snow to melt and for the temperature to rise before I head north.

No comments:

Post a Comment